How to Give with Donor Advised Funds

1.  Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.

2.  Get to know the organization's policies and procedures, from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.

3.  Contact Lindsay Dolce at 612-746-1439 or to discuss using donor advised funds to support ServeMinnesota and our mission.

4.  Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.

5.  If you include ServeMinnesota in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: ServeMinnesota
Address: 120 S. 6th Street, Suite 2260, Minneapolis MN 55402
Federal Tax ID Number: 41-2010058

Fund Your Donation With:
Appreciated Securities
Retirement Plan Assets

 An example of how it works

Louis and Joanne want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation. The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.

After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Louis and Joanne recommend grants for ServeMinnesota (which they've supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Nora Fund, which Louis and Joanne named in honor of their granddaughter. Louis and Joanne are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.

Disclaimer: Information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For information on how any gift may affect your tax situation, please consult with your own professional advisor.