Minnesota Opportunity Corps
The Minnesota Opportunity Corps partners with several nonprofit organizations in the Twin Cities Metro Area to use the power of national service to assist Minnesotans with economic barriers to become more self-sufficient. Members serve economically disadvantaged adults by helping them gain employment and access the training they need to reach their career goals.
The program year is October through September.
Essential qualifications to serve with Minnesota Opportunity Corps:
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older (no upper age limit!)
- A U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet program eligibility criteria, which includes a satisfactory response to a criminal background check
- Prefer experience in building collaborative relationships and working with people of different cultures and backgrounds