Alana Stimes, Program Manager
Minnesota Opportunity Corps is a partnership of ServeMinnesota and 15 nonprofit organizations to use the power of national service to assist Minnesotans with economic barriers to become more self-sufficient. Members serve as Employment Navigators. The Employment Navigator is a link, a guide, and an advocate between and within systems to help the program participant access the appropriate resources for their success. These resources are primarily for career and industry information, education and training, and job opportunities.
The program year is October through September.
Essential qualifications to serve with Minnesota Opportunity Corps:
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older (no upper age limit!)
- A U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet program eligibility criteria, which includes a satisfactory response to a criminal background check
- Prefer experience in building collaborative relationships and working with people of different cultures and backgrounds
Minnesota Opportunity Corps is a strategic initiative of ServeMinnesota