Designing innovative ways to address social problems
Given our strategic initiative of improving the educational experiences of children, a majority of our new development projects focus on that area; however, National Service is a means to address many other important issues and we are always looking for opportunities to merge the people power of AmeriCorps with evidence-based approaches documented in the research literature.
New programs and pilot projects offer the unique opportunity to translate existing research into sustainable and impactful programming. Our research projects under Program Development illustrate the products of an iterative development process guided by the needs of stakeholders, the research literature, and the people power of AmeriCorps.
To Do List
- Identify an important problem that affects our country
- Review research on promising solutions
- Establish a scope and sequence for development
- Assemble development team
- Recruit and train AmeriCorps members
Click the pilot program below to learn more.