Community Forestry Corps
In September 2020, Community Forestry Corps was launched to engage a team of AmeriCorps members in the preservation and revitalization of Minnesota’s forests. Members serve at a nonprofit or public agency with a mission to preserve and protect Minnesota’s environment and strengthen communities, with a focus on preserving and increasing tree canopy. Service includes a variety of activities such as tree inventorying, tree planting events, gravel bed nursery design/construction/management, Emerald Ash Borer management plan development, citizen volunteer recruitment/training/utilization or outreach and education events.
Essential qualifications for serving in the program:
- Have a passion for the environment and serving your community
- Must be 18 years of age or older (no upper age limit!) and high school diploma or GED by the program start date
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
Top reasons that members like serving in this program:
- Connect to the community and professionals in the environmental field.
- Gain hands-on experience and pursue career exploration.
- Earn money for student loans or future education expenses
- Have a chance to serve alongside other passionate individuals at a community nonprofit or public agency.