Minnesota Alliance with Youth Promise Fellows
The Minnesota Alliance With Youth works in partnership with youth to ensure that ALL young people have equitable educational opportunities that foster their individual assets, honor their voices, and prepare them to reach their goals To further that mission, the Alliance hosts AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state. AmeriCorps Promise Fellows focus their service on working with youth who could benefit from extra support and relationships to keep them on track in school and community-based settings. Fellows provide researched-based interventions that focus on promoting and improving attendance, behavior and school success.
Promise Fellows will also:
- Increase the number of significant caring adult relationships experienced by the youth participants
- Implement high quality in/out of school time activities to support academic enrichment, study skills practice, career exploration, etc.
- Actively engage youth in meaningful service-learning or civic engagement activities
Essential qualifications to serve with Promise Fellows:
- The desire to build relationships with and support youth
Top reasons that members like serving in the Minnesota Alliance with Youth:
- Gain experience in the field of non-profits and education
- Opportunity to gain skills in working with youth as well as program management
- Ability to give back to their communities