Minnesota Math Corps
Achievement in early math is a great predictor of future academic and economic success. In fact, 90% of sixth graders who fail math will not graduate from high school.
Essential Qualification to participate in Minnesota Math Corps:
- Strong interest in education, specifically in helping students develop their math skills.
- Dedication to community service
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate online systems and email
- 18 years of age or older (no upper age limit!) and have a high school diploma or GED
- Citizen, national or lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
Top reasons that members like serving in Minnesota Math Corps:
- See students’ faces light up when they finally “get it” and understand a math concept
- Help students become confident in their math abilities and themselves
- Gain experience working in an elementary school and/or junior high school setting
- Have the chance to really make a difference in the life of a child