Minnesota Alliance With Youth
Multiple sites throughout Minnesota
The Minnesota Alliance With Youth ignites the spark in young people to become actively engaged, develop strong voices, and acquire the skills needed for success in school, work, and life. To help us achieve that mission, the Alliance hosts AmeriCorps Promise Fellows across the state.
AmeriCorps Promise Fellows focus their service on working with youth who are at risk of dropping out of school. Fellows serve youth in both school and community-based settings. Fellows provide researched-based interventions that focus on promoting and improving attendance, behavior, and school success.
Promise Fellows will also:
- Increase the number of significant caring adult relationships experienced by the youth participants
- Implement high quality in/out of school time activities to support academic enrichment, study skills practice, career exploration, etc.
- Actively engage youth in meaningful service-learning or civic engagement activities
Essential qualifications to serve with Promise Fellows:
- Experience with youth – in informal and formal settings
- Experience in service/volunteering
- College degree preferred
Top reasons that members like serving in the Minnesota Alliance with Youth:
- Gain experience in the field of non-profits and education
- Opportunity to gain skills in working with youth as well as program management
- Ability to give back to their communities