UPDATE (May 20, 2020): Due to the overwhelming response in applications to the AmeriCorps Emergency Response Initiative, the application acceptance period is now closed. Would you like to stay in touch about other opportunities to serve in AmeriCorps? Please fill out this form and we will respond to you.
As an AmeriCorps Emergency Response Member, you will help organizations respond to significant needs in their community related to COVID–19. Service could include a combination of several response tasks such as emergency food distribution, distance learning, support for the homeless and older, and more.
Emergency Response Members will serve in a full-time capacity (35 hours per week) beginning June 8th and ending service on August 15th.
This is an AmeriCorps member position. You will join an amazing group of members, determined to help our communities.
Learn More About the Positions
Living Stipend and Benefits
Give your time as an AmeriCorps member and you’ll receive the following:
- Living stipend of $650 once every two weeks
- Eligible for a Segal Education Award* of $1,289.95
- Individual Health Insurance — Monthly Premium 100% Covered
- Child Care Assistance — Based on Family Size and Income
- Federal student loan forbearance
*Segal AmeriCorps Education Award can be used to pay tuition or repay qualified student loans. Individuals 55+ may gift their award to their child, grandchild, stepchild or foster child. (Learn more about it from this blog post.)
What it Takes
Great members are those with the desire to help our communities in their COVID-19 relief efforts this summer. That said, you also need to meet the following minimum qualifications by the time you begin your service.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by your start date.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or recognized equivalent by your start date.
- Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must pass mandatory pre-service background checks.
- Must not have served 4 or more prior terms of service with AmeriCorps State or National.
*Applicants who have received deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are not eligible to serve as AmeriCorps members at this time.
The deadline to apply is May 20, 2020