Members are placed at local government and nonprofit organizations statewide
Cristina Villella, Program Coordinator
Minnesota GreenCorps Program is coordinated by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. As a statewide AmeriCorps program, our goal is protect and preserve Minnesota’s environment while training a new generation of environmental professionals.
AmeriCorps members serve with host sites statewide including cities, counties, nonprofits, and educational institutions. Project areas may include: energy conservation, living green outreach, school waste prevention, urban forestry, and local food systems.
Essential qualifications to serve with Minnesota GreenCorps:
- Two years of college or the equivalent, such as an associate’s degree or sophomore year of a 4 year program; preferred qualification of a 4 year degree
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Interest, ability, knowledge, skills, and/or experience in several of the following: leadership and communication; organization and time management; motivating people; working both independently and with others; working with individuals from a variety of backgrounds; database and survey development/use; researching and organizing information
Top reasons that members like serving in Minnesota GreenCorps:
- Gain skills and experience in the environmental field
- Personal development
- Give back to your community
- Improve the environment