We have published a list some of our favorite social media posts about AmeriCorps and service from the past few weeks, and you wouldn’t be mistaken if you thought it seemed like all waterfalls and rainbows.
- First, let’s just kick it off with some wonderful news from Washington, D.C.
2. Let’s be real. It isn’t often that you get to see both a rainbow (with the assistance of Niagara Falls + Sunlight) and the pot of gold at the end — but here it is, in the form of AmeriCorps members and volunteers. Great shot, AmeriCorps Rural Health Service Corps in upstate New York.
3. And from Niagara Falls to the Grand Canyon, AmeriCorps members are there to serve. Thanks to @Redbandanahiker for this amazing capture from a recent day of service with his crew.
4. Honk honk! These CalSERVES members serve outside with children and show them first-hand about how migration works in a truly natural classroom setting.
5. This group selfie from AmeriCorps members in Ithaca makes us happy the crew didn’t heed the immortal advice of T-Boz, Left-Eye and Chilli (a.k.a. TLC, for any of you who weren’t from the ’90s).
6. Finally, we are fairly certain that AmeriCorps recruiting numbers would be flying through the roof if only we could post more of exactly this photo (also from our Ithaca member @rjham, whose service is captured in a beautiful Instagram feed of waterfalls and cute baby animals):